DTEK Social Partnership Program
Development of the social partnership strategies between the DTEK company and local communities and implementation of economic development projects
Areas: corporate social responsibility, cross sector collaboration,local economic development, monofunctional towns.
Client: DTEK company
Partner: CSR Ukraine Community
PPV Knowledge Networks Involvement: preparation of the project concepts, stakeholder engagement facilitation, implementation of the projects, preparation of the strategic documents.
DTEK successfully cooperates with PPV Knowledge Networks experts since 2011.
The following projects had been implemented:
- (2012) Development and monitoring of the social partnership strategies with the local municipalities where DTEK’s assets are located - Dobrotvir (Lviv region), Burshtyn (Ivano-Frankivsk region), Ladyzhyn (Vinnytsia region) – for the years 2013-2015.
- (2012) Investment passports development for municipalities of Burshtyn (Ivano-Frankivsk region) and Dobrotvir (Lviv region.)
- (2012) Establishment of the local economic development agencies in these towns;
- (2012) Development of the microfinance fund concepts in these towns (2012);
- (2013) Training programme for economic development agencies in 6 regions (Donetsk, Dnipropetrovsk, Luhansk, Lviv, Ivano-Frankivsk, Vinnytsia);
- (2013) Preparation of the roadmap for the project of industrial park in Burshtyn municipality, organization of 2 study visits to Poland and Turkey for Ukrainian local municipalities and business representatives.
The strategic documents developed under this collaboration, served as roadmaps for strategic cooperation of city councils with DTEK company, and had been successfully implemented during the years 2013-2016. Agencies for local economic development established within the framework of cooperation, continue to operate as a stable and self-sufficient institutions.
The role of PPV Knowledge Networks experts was to:
- Transfer expertise to local authorities, including the preparation of project proposals and project concept development;
- Identification of the priority projects for the business environment development and local communities development, coordination of the stakeholder engagement;
- Managing approved projects within the framework of social partnership programmes;
- Preparation and submission of applications for the CBC program Poland-Belarus-Ukraine 2007-2013 with the involvement of local authorities in the program areas;
- Ensuring communication between all parties involved in the program.