Novyi Rozdil Industrial Park Development (Stage 1)
Areas: green economy, feasibility studies, industrial development, brownfield development, grant projects, investor promotion, industrial parks, market research and analysis.
Partners: Institute for Regional Development, Novyi Rozdil City Council, town and gmina of Lubaczow (Poland).
PPV Knowledge Networks Involvement: designing project concept, grant application development, project management, stakeholder engagement, market studies, developing industrial park concept, investment promotion.
The underlying logic behind the Enterprise development by enabling access to industrial land plots in Lubaczow and recultivation of brownfields in Yavoriv rayon and Novyi Rozdil town project within the cross-border collaboration project Poland-Belarus-Ukraine 2007-2013 was to stimulate productive use of large swathes of degraded mining areas.
The initial concept of the project was developed by PPV Knowledge Networks in 2009 and further elaborated in 2011. The idea was to convert degraded post- sulphur mining land areas into industrial parks, - as focal points for redeveloping depressed regions.
The project funded by the EU programme (total funding – EUR 4 mln) included the following components:
Infrastructure (hard component) – recultivating 86,4 ha of post- sulphur mining areas (40 ha in Yavoriv rayon and 46,4 ha in Novyi Rozdil) for would-be industrial parks.
Development (soft component):
- Strategic analysis of recultivated areas and adjacent areas (perspectives of land use);
- Developing concepts and business plans for industrial parks;
- Zoning documentation for industrial parks areas and adjacent areas;
- Feasibility study for public-private partnership for industrial parks’ development and management;
- Developing project documentation for road infrastructure in Novyi Rozdil;
- Developing project documentation for engineering infrastructure in planned industrial parks;
- Elaborating roadmap for solving issues with hydrons and ash heaps;
- Setting up local economic development agencies;
- Delivering training programme for local development agencies staff and local stakeholders;
- Setting up a network of industrial parks in cross-border region.
As of now, efforts are under way to secure funding for building engineering infrastructure and road infrastructure in Novyi Rozdil. The Novyi Rozdil Industrial Park is also promoted to foreign and Ukrainian investors.